Dr. Douglas Kroll, D.C., was born and raised in Kailua. He is a Kalaheo High School graduate and attended University of Hawaii for his undergraduate studies. He graduated magna cum laude from Life West Chiropractic College in 1986 and immediately returned home to start Kailua Wellness Center.
Dr. Kroll grew up with an osteopath as his family doctor. At age 12 he began working in a health food store. In his late teens he suffered a lifting injury that damaged a disc in his low back. After two days with difficulty walking, he was successfully treated by a blind chiropractor. This strengthened his interest and desire to pursue becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic.
Dr. Kroll has always been active in the Windward community:
- Lifetime member of Hawaii Trail and Mountain Club
- Little league and soccer coach
- Church Board Treasurer
- Graffiti clean up leader
- Fun Run coordinator
- Volunteer of various other activities
His passions include spending time with his wife Joni and 2 sons, Eric and Evan, playing softball with the Windward church league, tennis, coaching his kids sports, hiking, body surfing, and volleyball.
His professional affiliations include:
- Member of Hawaii State Chiropractic Association
- Founding Member of the International Pediatric Chiropractic Council
- Preferred Provider with ChiroPlan Hawaii, American Specialty Health Network, Medicare, University Health Alliance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and several other health insurance companies